Tuesday, March 4, 2014

DIY Fabric Storage Box

DIY Fabric Storage box hand-sewn by me (Sept, 21, 2012)

Since I was a stay-at-home mom-to-be during my first pregnancy, I got more spare time. And as I was surfing the net with the DIY projects, I found this tutorial of making a fabric storage box. And I tried making one to be used for my baby stuff like toys/books or other small items.

I am a fan of DIY projects, as I remember during my high school days, I always make DIYs birthday, Christmas or thank you cards for my family and friends. Unfortunately I didn't have the pictures of those DIY cards.

Anyway, these are the things that I used when creating this DIY project: Fabric, Cardboard, Scissor, Needle and Thread (since I hand-sew this fabric box) but better if have a sewing machine, clear vinyl for the tag, and marker.

Below are some pictures of this DIY project. I know the sewing is really not perfect but I'm proud that I've been using this until now.




This is the link of the tutorial http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/09/fabric-storage-boxes-per-your-request.html

This is the picture of the DIY fabric storage box. Though mine is not actually the same in size as I only used available fabric that I found in our closet.
I hope to make more fabric storage boxes soon when I have my sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment